Physical Ability Program Project Manager
- Position Title: Project Manager, Physical Ability Program
- Business unit/Function: Football Operations
- Reports To: Football Participation Manager
- Direct Reports: None
- Status: Full-time 18 month initial contract (with the potential for a further 18 months)
- Location: Melbourne
The Project Manager is responsible for the design and delivery of a new football based program. Working with an early stage program concept, the Project Manager will manage all activities relating to the successful delivery of the program. This is a joint role across Melbourne City FC and Football Federation Victoria.
- Project management of the new program including planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Manage project expenditure in line with specified budget.
- Program execution across the State including venue hire, staffing, and purchase of equipment
- Report to steering committee
- Manage grant acquittal and reporting
- Research, plan and manage program, including testing with potential audience
- Run/participate meetings as required
- Manage relationships across partner organisations and external stakeholders
- Quality control, including visiting programs, and program delivery staff training/orientation
- Support the development of communication approaches and materials that engage potential participants
- Develop and implement the training/education for program facilitators
- Recruit, train, support and oversee suitable facilitators to implement the program
- Coordinate program evaluation
- Build a revenue and business model for the program
Key Selection Criteria
To be successful for the role, we are looking for:
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in a project management environment.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience managing relationships between multiple vendors/partners and managing contract/MOUs.
- Experience designing and building a product/program for a customer or audience.
- Passionate about the importance of physical activity and providing sport/recreation opportunities for all.
- Demonstrated experience in end to end campaign/project management including communications, planning, briefing, execution and reporting with proven successes, ensuring targets are met or exceeded.
- Creative and innovative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management, interpersonal skills and influencing skills with a customer service focus.
- Degree qualified in Project Management, Health Promotion, Community Development, Public/Business Administration, Sports Management or related discipline.
- Project management and ownership from start to finish.
- Communication and stakeholder management.
- Working with diverse community groups.
- Monitoring, evaluation and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Marketing / ability to develop product promotional materials.
- Manage a budget
Key Performance Indicators
- Complete, accurate and timely status reporting, including workplans and budgets, as specified by funding partner.
- Participation targets met/exceeded, including those relating to the engagement of low SES (Socioeconomic Status) and CALD (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse) communities.
- Program Steering Committee • FFV / A-League Club representatives • FFV Football Participation Manager • Other FFV Staff • Partner(s) • Community club representatives • Community groups • Schools • Local councils / venue managers
Work Environment - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Moderate computer skills required for MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint applications.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Expected Hours of Work - This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work and as such a preparedness to work non-traditional hours is required.
Travel - Travel is primarily local during business days; some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Work Authorisation/Security Clearance – Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency Working Visa is required. A current Working With Children’s Check (WWCC) is required.
Occupational Health and Safety – Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of FFV and take all reasonable care for their actions or omissions, so that they do not impact adversely on the health and safety of others at FFV.
Responsibilities – This does not contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities, activities and duties that are required of the incumbent. These may change from time to time at the discretion and needs of the manager/organisation.
Location - This role is co-located across two delivery partners. Although the successful candidate will be based primarily at FFV, he/she will be required on occasion to work out of our partner’s office.
Licenses – A current driving licence is required. FFV is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island people, people with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. If you require support or advice with your application, we encourage you to contact us.