Melbourne City Sports Development Program
WHO IS SEDA Group (SEDA)?
SEDA is a leading provider of hands on education and partner with peak industry organizations in sports, arts and building. We provide students with industry opportunities and experiences they will not find anywhere else and promote learning for life with a focus on preparing students for a successful future.
SEDA has a strong history of our students successfully completing their senior secondary qualification (VCAL) as well as gaining Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications that are recognised throughout Australia.
SEDA students leave with much more than qualifications. Students graduate as mature, resilient independent and capable young adults with the ability to both lead and work within teams and are well placed to make informed choices about their future whether it be employment of further study.
WHY CHOOSE SEDA AND THE MELBOURNE CITY SPORTS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM?
- Tailored careers plans for individual students – developing individual career goals for students and providing pathway opportunities to employment or further study
- Unique industry opportunities – education that takes place in industry with networking and workplace opportunities with leading sporting and community partners
- Education for life beyond school – working to develop personal and career skills essential for life beyond the classroom including leadership, integrity, resilience and critical thinking.
- Hands-on learning environment – application of theoretical classroom learning into practical learning activities, tailored to meet individual needs
WHAT TYPE OF EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES WILL STUDENTS BE INVOLVED IN AS PART OF THE MELBOURNE CITY SPORTS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM?
Students have the opportunity to get involved in a range of participation programs and events including:
- Match day assistance at Melbourne City home games
- Work placement with Melbourne City FC
- Delivery of Melbourne City football clinics
- Coaching and officiating at Melbourne City gala days
- Delivery of Melbourne City World Cup
- Observing Melbourne City training sessions
- Grassroots Football Coaching Course
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the Melbourne City Sports Development Program open on May 1. You can apply to start at SEDA in 2017 here.
SEDA and the Melbourne City look forward to inviting you in for an information session and interview to find out more about the program!
SEDA’s Open Day
Come along to SEDA’s Open Day to see what the program is all about!
Wednesday 20th July
State Netball Hockey Centre
10 Brens Drive, Parkville
8:45am – 9:30am
Class Tours anytime between 9:30am – 12:30pm
Register Now at sedagroup.com.au/openday