About City in the Community
City in the Community (CITC) – the foundation proudly supported by Melbourne City FC – was officially registered as a charity in November 2015, with a ceremonial launch event at Melbourne’s Parliament House. Celebrating the Club’s ongoing commitment to the Victorian community, CITC’s primary objective is to develop and grow the Club’s existing football programs to create positive social impact within the community.
With the support of fans, City in the Community uses the power of football to promote employment, social inclusion and physical activity
Established in 2010 in the year of the Club’s foundation, the community outreach program has engaged with over 200,000 young Victorians using the power of football to promote health, education and leadership development and create safe community spaces.
City in the Community also aims to forge closer links between the football club and the local Victorian community, with social responsibility an essential part of the fabric of Melbourne City.
Projects such as the Melbourne City College of Football, City Football Schools and the City Club program allows local Victorian clubs to draw upon the global expertise of the City Football Group, while the Cityzens Giving initiative allows the Club to engage and empower a variety of groups from local communities.
- Social inclusion
- Crime Prevention
Globally, we work with CITC in Manchester City FC and New York City FC on the Cityzens Giving program. Cityzens Giving is a global fund supporting youth led charity football projects, with fans deciding how the grants are allocated. The Melbourne program “I Speak Football” is a social inclusion football program for young people newly arrived in Australia.
Some of our key programs include:
- City in the Community Week
- Young Leader training
- City Strikers – a walking football program supported by VicHealth
- Soccer Mums
- City at Work – football and job skills programs in partnership with MatchWorks
- Disability programs including Blind Football supported by the Westpac Foundation and the Manchester City Supporters club
- I Speak Football
- School Holiday programs
Our Community Team
- Sue Crow - Head of Community
- Annabel Finch – CITC Programs Coordinator
- Albert Mambo – Social Inclusion Officer
The CITC team is led by the Club's Head of Community, Sue Crow. For all Community enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
City in the Community Raffle winners
Congratulations to the following winners of our City in the Community Raffle.
- 1st prize: Mascot opportunity for Saturday 2 March's Melbourne Derby - Darryn Garlick (#0491)
- 2nd prize: Four 'First Touch' tickets for Saturday 2 March's Melbourne Derby - Joe Sita (#1377)
- 3rd prize: Signed Melbourne City jersey - Nick Soklev (#1312)
- 4th prize: Fitbit watch - Brett Collyer (#1808)
Thank you to everyone who supported the raffle!