Senior Content and Media Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, creative person who is passionate about digital media. We need someone who has a can-do attitude, who can bring their editorial expertise to oversee key media communications, create engaging strategic content as well as curating branded partner content.
The role is supported by a Content and Media co-ordinator, a Video Producer and a Graphic Designer. The role is connected directly into City Football Group (CFG) where their content and media team act as a strategic support arm for the role.
- Develop, implement and execute short and long-term social media and digital strategy, coordinating with all departments to ensure effectiveness and alignment with business objectives
- Develop and execute successful and innovative digital content plans, which aim to drive digital traffic to Melbourne City FC’s online channels and align with overall digital strategy
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities by becoming an advocate for Melbourne FC.
- Ensure all communications conform to the Club’s TOV (tone of voice)
- Plan, measure and analyse the club’s digital presence and growth against industry competitors and regulate continuously improve quality – rewrite measure against agreed KPIs and compare against industry standard
- Oversee Internet and intranet – maintain and update information on websites, manage look and feel of websites, ensure all information is accurate Media Relations
- Shared responsibility across day to day media responsibilities including:
- Press conferences, press releases, liaising with key media, interviews, managing internal and external media requests and media interns
- Home and Away media relations – for example, host broadcaster requests and managing match day media
What we need from you:
- Data and insight led, with strong reporting capabilities
- Relevant qualifications (Bachelor of Media and Communications)
- 3+ years experience in similar role (experience in sports comms preferred)
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience in executing social campaigns to develop social media presence
- Proven ability to manage editorial responsibilities across digital platforms
- Presents new and innovative thinking on a regular basis
- Technical ability across CMS, social media digital software and analytics
- Exceptional literacy both written and verbal
- Authentic interest in football and digital trends
- Reliability and an ability to work autonomously
- Positive “can-do” attitude, creative and a sense of humour
- Willingness to learn and drive to succeed
- Ability to solve problems and be proactive
- Strong technical & communication skills
- High work commitment and ability to work on weekends, and travel to away matches, where required.
- Working with Children and Police Check
- Valid Drivers’ Licence.
If you possess all the right experience and attributes, we would love to hear from you! Please send your covering letter and resume to Susan Mills, Head of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Host Families Needed Near Our City Football Academy
As Melbourne City Football Club grows, it continues to cultivate local, national and international talent. In order that we can create the best conditions for our young players to develop they need to be in quick and/or easy reach of our training facilities.
Can you help with accommodation for our young players?
We have more young players joining our development programmes all the time. Generally these players are aged between 14 and 18, and some require high quality accommodation on either a temporary, part-time or full-time basis. The requirement is mainly for longer term accommodation of periods between 6 months to 24 months, for players from further afield choosing to live full-time in Melbourne.
We require a small number of high quality homes for either one or two players in each unit (you must have at least two rooms available). Players will require a spacious single or double bedroom, quality bed and mattress, wireless internet access, desk and storage, some personal space, outdoor space, and their meals (breakfast and evening) and personal laundry to be provided. Access to pay-TV (Foxtel) or similar is preferred.
The Club operates in a fast moving environment so we require host families who are flexible and committed. As such the football club makes an all-inclusive payment to host families to cover basic costs.
Distance and Transport
We encourage using public transport for many journeys. Thus we need your accommodation to be a short distance from the City Football Academy in Bundoora and near a train station, or on a suitable bus or tram route, and we may ask the host family to undertake some of the transportation (for which mileage expenses are paid).
If you have experience bringing up children or looking after someone else’s child then you might be able to help us. All you would need to do is provide a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment for our players to rest and recuperate after a day’s training or school. Our young players would also expect some of the support normally given by their own parents when living at home.
All host family members over 16 will be subject to a criminal records check, all adults will need a Working With Children Check and the household will undergo a rigorous suitability assessment of both the accommodation and people living there.
If you think you might be interested in joining our Host Family Team please contact email@example.com for an informal chat to learn more about helping us with the provision of accommodation for our players.