Safeguarding Manager - APAC
The City Football Group (CFG) owns or has significant interests in a number of professional football clubs across the world. In the Asia-Pacific region, Melbourne City FC competes in the major Australian domestic competition, the Hyundai A-League, the top tier of women's football, the Westfield W-League, and the National Youth League. The City Football Academy Melbourne is a state of the art training facility that hosts these teams, as well as our Academy squads. The CFG also has a significant interest in Yokohama F. Marinos competing in the Japanese J-League, and a range of interests in China and Malaysia amongst others. The CFG also own English Premier League club Manchester City FC and Major League Soccer club New York City FC.
Across the group of companies, we interact with many children and vulnerable adults through football each week. The Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults across all its operations. The Group's safeguarding framework, known as "SafeAtCity", extends across its global activities and relates to all CFG operations. Following a review of the framework an exciting and challenging new role has been created to support the implementation of a robust safeguarding framework across the APAC region.
Based at the City Football Academy Melbourne (Etihad Campus) situated adjacent to the La Trobe University campus in Bundoora, and with international travel required to take responsibility for operations in the Asia-Pacific region, duties include:
- promoting and protecting the rights of children and other vulnerable people across the identified geographic area and with specific CFG operations;
- being the face of safeguarding across the relevant operations, providing leadership, advice and guidance to internal stakeholders and working closely with statutory and non-statutory external bodies in their respective countries;
- leading the local safeguarding team of designated persons where appropriate;
- co-ordinating Safer Recruitment processes;
- managing and delivering a range of formal and informal training to the workforce, related to their roles and local safeguarding requirements;
- ensuring that each operation, project or programme meets all legal and regulatory requirements in respect of safeguarding children and other vulnerable people, and oversee the internal monitoring of activities to ensure compliance with these;
- leading and co-ordinating the concern management process for safeguarding referrals made to the safeguarding team, and where necessary leading the resulting inquiries into these;
- providing safeguarding support to all residential provisions offered by CFG operations to children and young people and its associated activities; and,
- managing the data required for all safeguarding-related processes (including criminal record checks, training records, concern management) in a confidential manner and within local data protection regulation parameters.
What we need from you:
- post-qualification experience of working with varied professionals in a multi-agency safeguarding/child protection setting
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- the ability to lead and liaise effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- experience of design and delivery of training
- to be highly skilled at engaging with people at all levels including internal and external colleagues, children, adults, young people and families, police and legal representatives, local regulatory bodies, etc
- knowledge of case management systems
- ability to manage and deal with people at times of distress and conflict and where necessary mediate or investigate as the situation dictates
- ability to challenge others and promote best practice and provide information to address under performance
In turn, CFG offers:
- Opportunity to work with a global organisation
- On site gymnasium at the City Football Academy Melbourne
- Opportunity to work in world class facilities
- Melbourne City FC membership
- Access to commercial partner benefits
- Dynamic, energetic working environment
This role reports to the Group Head of Safeguarding and local operations will be managed by the Melbourne City FC Head of Legal. City Football is a 24/7 operation in the context of both child and adult safeguarding and therefore a flexible approach to working arrangements is required.
City Football Group promotes equal opportunities in employment and positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
This appointment will be subject to Safer Recruitment processes including satisfactory criminal record and other background checks.
Please apply to Michelle Nolan, HR Manager, email@example.com
Closing date – 15 February 2018.
Host Families Needed Near Our City Football Academy
As Melbourne City Football Club grows, it continues to cultivate local, national and international talent. In order that we can create the best conditions for our young players to develop they need to be in quick and/or easy reach of our training facilities.
Can you help with accommodation for our young players?
We have more young players joining our development programmes all the time. Generally these players are aged between 14 and 18, and some require high quality accommodation on either a temporary, part-time or full-time basis. The requirement is mainly for longer term accommodation of periods between 6 months to 24 months, for players from further afield choosing to live full-time in Melbourne.
We require a small number of high quality homes for either one or two players in each unit (you must have at least two rooms available). Players will require a spacious single or double bedroom, quality bed and mattress, wireless internet access, desk and storage, some personal space, outdoor space, and their meals (breakfast and evening) and personal laundry to be provided. Access to pay-TV (Foxtel) or similar is preferred.
The Club operates in a fast moving environment so we require host families who are flexible and committed. As such the football club makes an all-inclusive payment to host families to cover basic costs.
Distance and Transport
We encourage using public transport for many journeys. Thus we need your accommodation to be a short distance from the City Football Academy in Bundoora and near a train station, or on a suitable bus or tram route, and we may ask the host family to undertake some of the transportation (for which mileage expenses are paid).
If you have experience bringing up children or looking after someone else’s child then you might be able to help us. All you would need to do is provide a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment for our players to rest and recuperate after a day’s training or school. Our young players would also expect some of the support normally given by their own parents when living at home.
All host family members over 16 will be subject to a criminal records check, all adults will need a Working With Children Check and the household will undergo a rigorous suitability assessment of both the accommodation and people living there.
If you think you might be interested in joining our Host Family Team please contact Louisa Bisby on 0435 963 494 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat to learn more about helping us with the provision of accommodation for our players.