- Multiple Coaching opportunities
- State of the art facilities
- 12 Months Fixed Term PPT Contracts
Who are we?
As part of the City Football Group, Melbourne City FC’s ambition is to develop the best footballing talent, to deliver an exciting and attacking game style and to increase participation in football on and off the field. By achieving these ambitions, we are growing a sustainable and socially responsible organisation.
Melbourne City FC competes in the major Australian domestic competition, the A-League, the top tier of women’s football, the W-League, the National Youth League and the Football Victoria NPL.
About City People
City people are entrepreneurial, innovative, open-minded and team-oriented. Our team members are humble and hardworking, challenge our thinking and have a will to win. They combine genuine understanding of the importance of our local communities with a global approach.
Melbourne City FC are seeking experienced enthusiastic coaches to join our Club.
Based at La Trobe University, Bundoora and reporting to the Technical Director, we have the following roles available:
- Under 20’s Head Coach – Up to 32 hours per week
- Under 18’s Head Coach – Up to 32 hours per week
- Under 16’s Head Coach – Up to 29 hours per week
- Under 15’s Head Coach – Up to 29 hours per week
- Under 14’s Head Coach – Up to 29 hours per week
- Under 13’s Head Coach – Up to 29 hours per week
- Academy Assistant Coach – Up to 25 hours per week.
- Responsible for overall performance of the relevant team above which compete in either the nominated Academy team or Under 20’s NPL teach which complete in the Football Federal Victoria winter NPL competition.
- Development of all players to ensure maximum results
- Liaison with both physiotherapists and sports scientists to ensure the safe management of players in line with performance
- Ensure coaching is in line with CFG football methodology and complete duties as directed by the Technical Director.
- Perform all tasks required to assist the Director of Football in linking to the club’s broader football initiatives
- Ensure safeguarding practices are achieved where and when applicable
- Participate in the Clubs’ community football programs as directed from time to time by the Director of Football
- Assistant Coaches will also need to manage match day operations as required.
What we need from you:
- Must have a minimum AFC ‘B’ License (or equivalent) acquired within probationary period with registration for ‘A’ License preferred
- Deep and demonstrable knowledge of youth coaching and youth football (in Victoria preferred)
- Intermediate computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Deep and demonstrable understanding of the tactical, technical and physical requirements of modern football
- Must have current WWCC and Police Checks
- Energetic with a strong work ethic;
- Leadership qualities as a player or as a coach;
- Demonstrated integrity and discretion.
- Ability to work on the weekend, where required.
When applying, please state very clearly which coaching role you are applying for.
All roles are classified as permanent part-time, so applicants must have appropriate working rights to be successful. This appointment will be subject to Safer Recruitment processes including satisfactory criminal record and other background checks. Please send your application and resume to Susan Mills, Head of Human Resources at email@example.com
Host Families Needed Near Our City Football Academy
As Melbourne City Football Club grows, it continues to cultivate local, national and international talent. In order that we can create the best conditions for our young players to develop they need to be in quick and/or easy reach of our training facilities.
Can you help with accommodation for our young players?
We have more young players joining our development programmes all the time. Generally these players are aged between 14 and 18, and some require high quality accommodation on either a temporary, part-time or full-time basis. The requirement is mainly for longer term accommodation of periods between 6 months to 24 months, for players from further afield choosing to live full-time in Melbourne.
We require a small number of high quality homes for either one or two players in each unit (you must have at least two rooms available). Players will require a spacious single or double bedroom, quality bed and mattress, wireless internet access, desk and storage, some personal space, outdoor space, and their meals (breakfast and evening) and personal laundry to be provided. Access to pay-TV (Foxtel) or similar is preferred.
The Club operates in a fast moving environment so we require host families who are flexible and committed. As such the football club makes an all-inclusive payment to host families to cover basic costs.
Distance and Transport
We encourage using public transport for many journeys. Thus we need your accommodation to be a short distance from the City Football Academy in Bundoora and near a train station, or on a suitable bus or tram route, and we may ask the host family to undertake some of the transportation (for which mileage expenses are paid).
If you have experience bringing up children or looking after someone else’s child then you might be able to help us. All you would need to do is provide a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment for our players to rest and recuperate after a day’s training or school. Our young players would also expect some of the support normally given by their own parents when living at home.
All host family members over 16 will be subject to a criminal records check, all adults will need a Working With Children Check and the household will undergo a rigorous suitability assessment of both the accommodation and people living there.
If you think you might be interested in joining our Host Family Team please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat to learn more about helping us with the provision of accommodation for our players.