City in the Community Programs Coordinator
City in the Community is a not for profit charity of the Melbourne City FC which uses football for positive social impact.
Working closely with the Head of Community and the club’s Marketing team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery and measurement of CITC’s programs.
The role focuses on the delivery of programs and clinics in the community. The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for community and football and be a brand ambassador for CITC, ensuring our high professional standards and vision are applied across all our projects.
- Delivery of City in the Community funded programs including Cityzens Giving (I Speak Football, Homework Club and Young Leaders) and Soccer Mums.
- Delivery of School Clinics including Healthy Hat Trick and Robotics.
- Manage CITC Match Day activations including allocation of Mascots, Mini Roos and assistance with CITC special events. Attendance at all MCFC home matches is expected
- Recruit, train and deploy Young Leaders.
- Other duties as required by the Head of Community
- Compliance with Club policies
- Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
- Maintain professional conduct at all times
- Head of Community
- CITC Social Inclusion Officer
- Marketing Team
- CITC program participants
- CITC young leaders
- SEDA student volunteers
Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes
- Sports Management, Teaching, Business or Events tertiary qualification
- C License football coach accreditation
- Driver’s license
- Previous experience working with children and/or community groups
- Holder of a Working with Children check (WWC)
- Ability to meet deadlines, and problem solve to ensure priorities are met in a fast pace environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Genuine passion for the positive impact that football can have on peoples’ lives
- Willing to ‘go the extra mile’ when required
- Honest and reliable
- Pro-active and engaging style
- Remain calm under pressure
- Good sense of humour
- Disciplined hard worker and collaborative team player
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- This is an entry level position
- Out of hours work on weekends or after hours will be required.
- You will be measured on the successful delivery according to annual KPIs for City in the Community and schools programs.
Applications close Mon 27 August, 2018
Host Families Needed Near Our City Football Academy
As Melbourne City Football Club grows, it continues to cultivate local, national and international talent. In order that we can create the best conditions for our young players to develop they need to be in quick and/or easy reach of our training facilities.
Can you help with accommodation for our young players?
We have more young players joining our development programmes all the time. Generally these players are aged between 14 and 18, and some require high quality accommodation on either a temporary, part-time or full-time basis. The requirement is mainly for longer term accommodation of periods between 6 months to 24 months, for players from further afield choosing to live full-time in Melbourne.
We require a small number of high quality homes for either one or two players in each unit (you must have at least two rooms available). Players will require a spacious single or double bedroom, quality bed and mattress, wireless internet access, desk and storage, some personal space, outdoor space, and their meals (breakfast and evening) and personal laundry to be provided. Access to pay-TV (Foxtel) or similar is preferred.
The Club operates in a fast moving environment so we require host families who are flexible and committed. As such the football club makes an all-inclusive payment to host families to cover basic costs.
Distance and Transport
We encourage using public transport for many journeys. Thus we need your accommodation to be a short distance from the City Football Academy in Bundoora and near a train station, or on a suitable bus or tram route, and we may ask the host family to undertake some of the transportation (for which mileage expenses are paid).
If you have experience bringing up children or looking after someone else’s child then you might be able to help us. All you would need to do is provide a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment for our players to rest and recuperate after a day’s training or school. Our young players would also expect some of the support normally given by their own parents when living at home.
All host family members over 16 will be subject to a criminal records check, all adults will need a Working With Children Check and the household will undergo a rigorous suitability assessment of both the accommodation and people living there.
If you think you might be interested in joining our Host Family Team please contact Louisa Bisby on 0435 963 494 or email@example.com for an informal chat to learn more about helping us with the provision of accommodation for our players.