Head of Communications
Melbourne City FC are recruiting for a Head of Communications, responsible for the promotion of the club’s on-and-off-the-pitch activities to new and existing audiences.
This role includes responsibility for all the Club’s communication channels, including digital and social media, and management of three direct reports, and will report directly to Melbourne City’s CEO and City Football Group’s Head of Strategic Communications.
We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter with great people-management and planning skills, and a desire to be market leading. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the stories resonate with media and fans and how to create, pitch and deliver those opportunities to maximise quality coverage and create great content.
Success will be increased share of voice across all channels, an always growing network of traditional and non-traditional influencers and consistently on-message communications, all of which must positively impact the results of the organisation, on-and-off-the-field.
About City People
City people are entrepreneurial, innovative, open-minded and team-oriented. Our team members are humble and hardworking, challenge our thinking and have a will to win, and combine genuine understanding of the importance of our local communities with a global approach. If you possess these attributes, we would love to hear from you.
What we need from you:
- A minimum of four years of experience in a communications role
- Experience managing proactive and reactive multi-channel communications programs, with tangible results
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience building relationships with media
- Familiarity with social media measurement, delivering to clear KPIs and effective and clearly reporting and measurement
- Experience in consumer communications is highly desirable, particularly within an agency environment
This appointment will be subject to Safer Recruitment processes including satisfactory criminal record and other background checks.
Please apply to Michelle Nolan, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date – Wednesday 9 May 2018
Membership and Ticketing Sales Manager
Melbourne City FC is part of the City Football Group, which also owns English Premier League club Manchester City FC and Major League Soccer club New York City FC. Melbourne City FC competes in the major Australian domestic competition, the A-League, the top tier of women’s football, the W-League, and the National Youth League. Melbourne City Football Academy is a state of art training facility that hosts these teams, as well as our Academy squads.
An opportunity has emerged for a sale’s focussed individual to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, and based at Bundoora Training Academy, La Trobe University campus, responsibilities include the following:
- Identify and develop database and membership growth opportunities
- Develop a detailed call plan, focussing on local football, sporting and community clubs
- Sell full season and flexi memberships, match day tickets and group ticket plans
- Selling of Melbourne City FC match day ticket inventory, including but not limited to group ticketing sales
- Work closely with internal marketing team to achieve set targets
- Weekly and monthly reporting of sales targets
- Management of a Membership and Ticketing Sales Executive
What we need from you:
- Experience in a membership and ticketing sales environment, with a proven track record in achieving KPI’s
- Experience in developing a membership and ticketing sales strategy
- Database management experience
- A strong customer service focus with the ability to efficiently resolve conflict
- Strong communication skills
In turn, Melbourne City offers:
- Opportunity to work with a global organisation
- On site gymnasium
- Opportunity to work on world class facilities with planned expansion
- Commercial partner benefits
- Dynamic, energetic working environment
This is a sales-based role and the successful applicant will be responsible for the delivery of set membership and ticketing targets on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
Melbourne City Football Club is committed to a child safe environment and any applicant will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check.
How to apply – please apply to Michelle Nolan, HR Manager at email@example.com
Closing date – Thursday 10 May 2018
Host Families Needed Near Our City Football Academy
As Melbourne City Football Club grows, it continues to cultivate local, national and international talent. In order that we can create the best conditions for our young players to develop they need to be in quick and/or easy reach of our training facilities.
Can you help with accommodation for our young players?
We have more young players joining our development programmes all the time. Generally these players are aged between 14 and 18, and some require high quality accommodation on either a temporary, part-time or full-time basis. The requirement is mainly for longer term accommodation of periods between 6 months to 24 months, for players from further afield choosing to live full-time in Melbourne.
We require a small number of high quality homes for either one or two players in each unit (you must have at least two rooms available). Players will require a spacious single or double bedroom, quality bed and mattress, wireless internet access, desk and storage, some personal space, outdoor space, and their meals (breakfast and evening) and personal laundry to be provided. Access to pay-TV (Foxtel) or similar is preferred.
The Club operates in a fast moving environment so we require host families who are flexible and committed. As such the football club makes an all-inclusive payment to host families to cover basic costs.
Distance and Transport
We encourage using public transport for many journeys. Thus we need your accommodation to be a short distance from the City Football Academy in Bundoora and near a train station, or on a suitable bus or tram route, and we may ask the host family to undertake some of the transportation (for which mileage expenses are paid).
If you have experience bringing up children or looking after someone else’s child then you might be able to help us. All you would need to do is provide a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment for our players to rest and recuperate after a day’s training or school. Our young players would also expect some of the support normally given by their own parents when living at home.
All host family members over 16 will be subject to a criminal records check, all adults will need a Working With Children Check and the household will undergo a rigorous suitability assessment of both the accommodation and people living there.
If you think you might be interested in joining our Host Family Team please contact Louisa Bisby on 0435 963 494 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat to learn more about helping us with the provision of accommodation for our players.