Melbourne City Football School Coaches
Who are we?
As part of the City Football Group, Melbourne City FC’s ambition is to develop the best footballing talent, to deliver an exciting and forward playing game and to increase participation in football on and off the field. By achieving these ambitions, we are growing a sustainable and socially responsible organisation.
Melbourne City FC competes in the major Australian domestic competition, the A-League, the top tier of women’s football, the W-League, and the National Youth League.
About City People
City people are entrepreneurial, innovative, open-minded and team-oriented. Our team members are humble and hardworking, challenge our thinking and have a will to win. They combine genuine understanding of the importance of our local communities with a global approach.
We are looking for five (5) coaches to deliver an enjoyable, exciting, dynamic, challenging, educational and fun coaching sessions to 5-14 year old players on a weekly basis using the PLAY methodology developed within the City Football Group.
Based in the South East, we require the postholders to deliver high quality sessions within the Melbourne City Football School weekly program and school holiday programs, deliver sessions at affiliate clubs and schools with a willingness to assist in coaching roles for other parts of the club such as community and academy.
- Connect and develop young players
- Ensure City Football Group coaching philosophies, methodology and principles are incorporated into the delivery of the program
- Ensure the sessions delivered are enjoyable, exciting, dynamic, challenging, educational and fun by using a variety of teaching and coaching techniques
- Be able to comfortably deliver quality coaching sessions to players aged between 5-14.
- Be able to comfortably deliver quality coaching sessions across multiple skill levels from players new to the game to elite young players.
- Educate both players and parents on the football delivery and development
- Devise and review content on weekly and term basis, following a long- term development plan
- Work with the program coordinator to ensure sessions are safe, follow COVID-19-Safe plans, and ensure facilities and equipment are at an acceptable level.
- Work with the program coordinator to track attendance, update bookings or communicate updates to parents.
- Work with the program coordinator to grow new and current locations within the Melbourne City Football School.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all key stakeholders including venues, parents, and other staff
- Manage and communicate professionally with existing and new customers
- Communicate and educate players, coaches and partners in the understanding and delivery of a City Football program
- Communicate in a variety of settings such as informal, formal, individual or groups
- Educate both players and parents on competitive football delivery and development
Business / Strategic
- Understand each age group, always acting pro-actively
- Manage sessions numbers, ensuring quality v quantity is measured
- Ensure high retention rates and how it is key to the success for the Football School
- Suggest and implement new ways to attract customers and create growth
What we need from you:-
- Must hold FFA Coaching accreditation (c level as a minimum)_ - B preferred.
- Ability to develop and manage young athletes
- Knowledge of youth coaching and youth football (in Victoria preferred)
- Intermediate computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Deep and demonstrable understanding of the tactical, technical and physical requirements of modern football
- Must have current WWCC and Police Checks
- Flexible with a willingness to work weekends where applicable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation who offers great incentives for staff in an elite sporting environment. Please send your covering letter and resume to Susan Mills, Head of Human Resources at email@example.com. Applications close on Friday 19 March, with only shortlisted candidates to be contacted.
This appointment will be subject to Safer Recruitment processes including satisfactory criminal record and other background checks. City Football Group promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome applications from all candidates.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience seem to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the respective country.
The City Football Group is fully committed to safeguarding children and other vulnerable people across our business. As such, appointment to this post is subject to Safer Recruitment processes including satisfactory criminal record and other background checks.
Host Families Needed Near Our City Football Academy
As Melbourne City Football Club grows, it continues to cultivate local, national and international talent. In order that we can create the best conditions for our young players to develop they need to be in quick and/or easy reach of our training facilities.
Can you help with accommodation for our young players?
We have more young players joining our development programmes all the time. Generally these players are aged between 14 and 18, and some require high quality accommodation on either a temporary, part-time or full-time basis. The requirement is mainly for longer term accommodation of periods between 6 months to 24 months, for players from further afield choosing to live full-time in Melbourne.
We require a small number of high quality homes for either one or two players in each unit (you must have at least two rooms available). Players will require a spacious single or double bedroom, quality bed and mattress, wireless internet access, desk and storage, some personal space, outdoor space, and their meals (breakfast and evening) and personal laundry to be provided. Access to pay-TV (Foxtel) or similar is preferred.
The Club operates in a fast moving environment so we require host families who are flexible and committed. As such the football club makes an all-inclusive payment to host families to cover basic costs.
Distance and Transport
We encourage using public transport for many journeys. Thus we need your accommodation to be a short distance from the City Football Academy in Bundoora and near a train station, or on a suitable bus or tram route, and we may ask the host family to undertake some of the transportation (for which mileage expenses are paid).
If you have experience bringing up children or looking after someone else’s child then you might be able to help us. All you would need to do is provide a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment for our players to rest and recuperate after a day’s training or school. Our young players would also expect some of the support normally given by their own parents when living at home.
All host family members over 16 will be subject to a criminal records check, all adults will need a Working With Children Check and the household will undergo a rigorous suitability assessment of both the accommodation and people living there.
If you think you might be interested in joining our Host Family Team please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat to learn more about helping us with the provision of accommodation for our players.