Football Federation Australia has released 2019/20’s A-League Fixtures with Melbourne City set to kick off it’s 10th season with an epic Melbourne Derby at Marvel Stadium.
With all thirteen home matches at AAMI Park this season, City will play its first home match on Sunday 20 October as it takes on foes Adelaide United.
City’s first five matches will all be in Victoria with the two away matches set for Round 1 against Melbourne Victory at Marvel Stadium and Round 3 against Western United at Geelong’s GMHBA Stadium – our first Derby against the new A-League side.
The fixture also includes two home Melbourne Derbies against Victory – including the famous Christmas Derby and New Year’s home Derby against Western United on January 3.
2019/20 will also see the addition of a bye round with City set to sit our Rounds 8, 20 and 28 this season with the nature of an odd number teams in the league.
Unlike previous seasons, sides will not face each other three times with City only facing Sydney, Wellington, Western Sydney and Central Coast two times this season while City face Victory, Adelaide and Perth twice at AAMI Park.
- 13 Home matches, all at AAMI Park.
- Two home AAMI Park Derbies against Victory, one at AAMI Park against Western United.
- First five matches of the season in Victoria.
- Two home matches against Victory, Adelaide and Perth.
- The famous Christmas Derby on Saturday 21 December.
- First home Derby against Western United on Friday 3 January.
- First away Derby with Western United in Round 3 in Geelong. Good Friday away Derby vs Western United in Round 27 in Ballarat.
- Second Melbourne Derby at AAMI Park on Friday 7 February
- Four Sunday home matches (Two at 4pm, Two at 6pm)
- Four Saturday home matches (7.30pm)
- Five Friday home matches (7.30pm)