Want to make Josh Brillante's favourite Chilli Crab Linguine and Garden Salad? City Dietitian Michael Wassertheil has the recipe for you to make the meal at home!
Chilli Crab Linguine and Garden Salad
Serves - 4
Preparation time - 5 minutes
Cooking time - 15 minutes
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove (diced)
460 g fresh crab meat - Can substitute with 460 g fresh prawns
1/2 teaspoon iodised table salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
400 g passata
250 g cherry tomatoes (chopped in half) - 125 g with chilli crab, 125 g with garden salad
240 g dry linguine
100 g parmesan cheese
200 g shredded iceberg lettuce
60 g baby spinach
1/2 red onion (sliced)
1/2 capsicum (sliced)
1/2 avocado (sliced)
1 Lebanese cucumber (sliced)
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Place a large pot of water over a high heat and bring to boil.
2. Place a frying pan with extra virgin olive oil over a medium heat and and sauté the garlic.
3. Add crab meat, salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
4. Once crab meat is cooked, add cherry tomatoes (half amount), passata and stir through with other ingredients. Leave to simmer on a low to medium heat.
5. Add linguine to large pot of boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes less than suggested on packet.
6. Place pre-cut vegetables in a large bowl, add balsamic vinegar and mix.
7. Once linguine is al dente, drain water and portion plate as per guide below. Top each serve with parmesan cheese
* 25 % chilli crab, 25 % linguine, 50 % garden salad
Please note, it’s important to portion your plate depending on your level of physical activity. This recipe is designed for non-training and easy training days however it can be modified as per the guide below. For individualised nutritional advice, please contact an Accredited Practicing Dietitian or Accredited Sports Dietitian.
- Non-training and easy training days - 25 % chilli crab, 25 % linguine, 50 % garden salad (60 g dry or 1 cup cooked pasta per serve)
- Moderate training days -25 % chilli crab, 37.5 % linguine, 37.5 % garden salad (90 g dry or 1 1/2 cups cooked pasta per serve)
- Hard training and match days - 25 % chilli crab, 50 % linguine, 25 % garden salad (120 g dry or 2 cups cooked pasta per serve)
Nutrition Information (per serve)
Energy -2354 kJ (563 cal)
Protein - 40.9 g
Fat - total - 17.7 g
- Saturated - 6.3 g
Carbohydrate - 53.7 g
- Sugars - 10.9 g
Dietary Fibre - 5.1 g
Sodium - 937 mg