DON & Melbourne City FC joined the Cvetovski's to feed their family
DON loves nothing more than connecting Australian football fans through the simple pleasure of DON Smallgoods, and with the help of six Melbourne City FC players, we were able to create an evening of flavour and fun for the our winner The Cvetovski's.
Melbourne City FC players Aivi Luik and Iacopo La Rocca arrived early at the home of The Cvetovski's to start the preparations for dinner. On the menu was the Double DON Lasagne, an easy simple recipe that is prefect for feeding the whole family, it contains layers of thinly slice DON ham, topped with DON chorizo for added flavour. Whilst the lasagne was cooking in the oven, the family joined Bart Schenkeveld, Rhali Dobson, Ashley Hatch and Harrison Delbridge for a kick in the park. Dinner was served at the table by Harrison, and enjoyed by all as they connected around the meal.
Want to know how to make the Double DON Lasagne? Here's the recipe!
Double DON Lasagne
Prep: 15 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour 15 minutes
INGREDIENTS - SAUCE
- 830mL peeled plum tomatoes, canned
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
INGREDIENTS – LASAGNE
- DON Chorizo, skinned and sliced diagonally
- DON English Style Thinly Sliced Leg Ham
- Fresh lasagne sheets
- 500g fresh ricotta
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a pan, heat olive oil over stovetop and panfry chorizo for 1 minute or until half-cooked. Set aside and drain on paper towel.
3. To create the sauce, warm 3 tbsp. of olive oil and 1 tbsp. butter in a saucepan. Stir in garlic, onion, celery, carrot, parsley and chilli. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are completely soft.
4. Add tomato paste and stir for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and chicken stock. Cover partially and simmer for 45 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Remove from heat and stir in another tbsp. of olive oil.
7. In a baking dish, cover the base with a layer of sauce. Continue layering in the following order: lasagne sheets, sauce, crumbled ricotta, sprinkled parmesan, scattered basil leaves, DON English Style Thinly Sliced Leg Ham and more lasagne sheets. Repeat each layer another 4 times.
8. For the top layer, spread sauce, and add chorizo and ricotta sparingly. Sprinkle with mozzarella, parmesan and basil leaves. Cook for 20-30 minutes.