Our FFA Cup tie against Sydney FC is under a week away, here are six points to remember.
With the Club’s inaugural Westfield FFA Cup clash against Sydney FC only six days away, here are six points to remember before the battle of Ballarat.
- This will be our first competitive match as Melbourne City FC, marking a historic moment in the Club’s history. It is also a landmark moment for football in this country as teams from state federations compete against Hyundai A-League clubs in a knock-out tournament.
- Our membership marquee will be situated at the north-end entrance of Morshead Park. We will also be running our Member-get-Member competition with the amazing grand prize of a trip to see an English Premier League match in Manchester.
- The FFA Cup tie will also be the first time Damien Duff will play in Australia for Melbourne City FC, with the possibility of international marquee Robert Koren lining up for the side if he proves his fitness.
- Morshead Park in Ballarat will host the Round of 32 match, which is the third time the Club has taken a competition match to regional Australia. La Trobe City Stadium in Morwell and Lavington Sports Ground in Albury hosted our last two encounters with the Club enjoying a 100 per cent record at our "homes away from home".
- The match will not be televised by Fox Sports so the best way to experience the match is to be present at the match! Transportation for supporters is outlined HERE and bookings are essential. Tickets for the match will be available at the gate.
- Parking is free on the night and will be subject to availability. Entrances are off Rubicon, Sutton and Bell Streets.
Westfield FFA Cup
Tuesday 12 August 2014
Melbourne City FC vs Sydney FC
Morshead Park, Ballarat