Calling on all Victorian women! Melbourne City FC will be proudly supporting VicHealth’s This Girl Can - Victoria campaign by hosting a Gala Day at Chewton Soldiers Memorial Park with Castlemaine Goldfields FC to celebrate women who are all kinds of active.
Whether you’re a mother, aunt, sister, grandmother or football lover – everyone’s welcome! Join us on Sunday 5 August and enjoy a whole heap of exciting activities aimed at breaking down the barriers women face around being physically active, which include:
- Advice on living a healthy lifestyle from W-League Assistant Coach and Matildas legend Melissa Hudson
- A Women's Very Social Mini Tournament, with $5 entry going towards Castlemaine Goldfields FC
- Join in the football fun at our free Soccer Mum's sessions suited to women and girls of all ages and abilities. Register now!
- Live DJ, food and coffee to enjoy throughout the day.
- A free sausage sizzle for early bird attendees
You'll also have the chance to win a pair of boots signed by Melbourne City FC's Matildas Steph Catley, Alanna Kennedy, Lydia Williams, Larissa Crummer and Kyah Simon.
The event is free and is open to women and girls of all ages and abilities and no experience or skills are required. We can’t wait to see you there!
This Girl Can – Victoria Gala Day - Castlemaine
Date: Sunday 5 August
Venue: Chewton Soldiers Memorial Park, Fryers Rd, Chewton
Time: 11.30am – 4pm