With five games left in the regular 2018-19 Hyundai A-League season, we take a look at the injury list to see who is available and when players are likely to return. The good news is, the list is shorter than it has been in a while with three returning, however after putting his body on the line against Sydney FC, it’s our captain that is set to spend some time on the treatment table.
- Scott Jamieson – after picking up an injury in the first half of City’s 2-0 win in Sydney last Sunday, the influential skipper has now being confirmed as out for 5-6 weeks with a broken toe. With finals football looming, you can bet your bottom dollar that Jamo will be putting everything into coming back as soon as possible while still leading the boys off the pitch in the meantime.
- Moudi Najjar – after impressing in his A-League appearances this season, the young striker picked up a ligament injury in a recent NPL match which is likely to keep him out for the remainder of the 2018-19 Hyundai A-League season but with a chance to feature again for City’s NPL side in 8-10 weeks’ time.
- Dario Vidosic – City’s experienced number 10 missed last weekend’s win against Sydney FC due to illness but after resuming training this week, is expected to be available for selection in the Round 23 fixture at Western Sydney Wanderers.
- Mark Birighitti – like Vidosic, Birraz also suffered with illness last weekend but has since resumed training. He too is expected to be available for selection next match.
- Florin Berenguer – impressing in City’s 2-2 draw against Perth Glory, Berenguer then picked up a contact injury in training that kept him out of last weekend’s trip to Sydney. The Frenchman is set to resume full training in the coming days and expected to be available for selection against Western Sydney.