- Elite professional sporting environment in a global organisation
- Fun, supportive & high-performing digital content team
- Empowering and engaging workplace with great employee benefits
Are you high motivated, have a passion for sport and creatively proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud – then we need you to bring your expertise to Melbourne City FC. We are looking for a talented and creative individual with an eye for detail, an understanding of the latest design trends and a reputation for delivering high quality work.
Who are we?
Melbourne City FC part of a Global Football business, City Football Group, we compete in the major Australian domestic football competition, the A-League, W-League, and the Y-League.
Our ambition is to develop the best footballing talent on the pitch and the best football work off the pitch. We are committed to growing a sustainable and socially responsible organisation.
City Football Group consists of 11 football clubs and is the fastest growing sporting organisation in the world. Manchester City – City Football Group’s largest club - has been named as the most innovative sports team worldwide by Sports Innovation Lab, a research and market intelligence firm.
About City People
City people are entrepreneurial, innovative, open-minded and team oriented. Our team members are humble and hardworking, challenge our thinking and have a will to win. They combine genuine understanding of the importance of our local communities with a global approach.
The Graphic Designer is the brand guardian for every piece of visual content from the club to the fan.
You will be the ‘go to person’ for the club’s graphic design, working from brief through to final delivery where you have the support of your team to work collaboratively and cross functionally, as well as autonomously to introduce your own ideas. We need a sharp eye for design and detail, a creative flair and the ability to identify new trends to evolve your style as the channels you work on continue to innovate and evolve.
Whilst the key focus is across our digital channels, you are responsible for all of Melbourne City FC’s graphic design requirements. This includes marketing digital and print assets, commercial partner assets and in-stadium match day assets.
- Creative for digital channels: Working with the Content and Media Manager, you will own the creative look and feel of the Club’s digital assets in line with brand guidelines.
- Match day: Graphics to be created for the Club’s social media channels, stadium jumbo screen and stadium LED boards.
- Membership: Creating assets for membership campaigns, membership kits and membership website.
- Ticketing: Creating assets for ticketing campaigns for use on digital channels as well as out-of-home billboards and street posters.
- Commercial projects: Delivery of key content across all club partners.
- City Football School: Creating assets for use on the Club’s digital channels to raise awareness and drive new registrations.
- City in the Community: Assisting our community team with graphic assets for promotions, recaps and more.
- Stadium creative: Creating Melbourne City themed assets for stadium hospitality functions and suites, external stadium branding and signage, internal stadium branding and signing, BOH branding and signage, player dressing room branding and signage.
- E-commerce website: Working with the Merchandise team to refresh and update the Club’s online store.
Skills and Experience & Personal Attributes
- Graphic Design Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years in a similar environment - Sport desired, however not essential
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud with a focus on Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Motion graphic skills are desirable (After Effects)
- Experience with CMS platforms and web development tools ,not essential but are a bonus
- Video editing skills not essential but are a bonus
- Proven ability to interpret a brief, think creatively, develop concepts, and deliver work that hits brief.
- Stickler for detail with the ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A people-person in every sense – team player with the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Creative, Innovative, enthusiastic, flexible, resilient and an expert problem solver
- Proven ability to see a project from start to finish and meet the required deadline.
In return, we provide you with:
- Free onsite parking
- Club Memberships
- Reward & Recognition Bonus Scheme
- Deals and discounts with corporate sponsors
- Fun and supportive team culture
- Exciting new offices in 2022
If you feel you meet this brief, then this job is for you! Please send your covering letter and resume to Susan Mills, Head of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on Friday 17 September 2021, with only shortlisted candidates to be contacted.
The City Football Group is fully committed to safeguarding children and other vulnerable people across our business. As such, this appointment will be subject to Safer Recruitment processes including satisfactory criminal record and other background checks. City Football Group promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome applications from all candidates.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience seem to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the respective country