Melbourne City FC begins its Summer of Football with a home clash against Brisbane Roar at AAMI Park on Saturday night.
With entertaining pre-match events, prize giveaways and half-time competitions, warm up to kick-off against the Roar with a range of family-friendly activities.
As a mark of respect, there will be a minute's silence before kick-off in memory of those who lost their lives in the tragedy involving Chapecoense in Colombia this week.
See what’s happening this match day at City Square and around the AAMI Park concourse.
Countdown to kick-off with family and friends at the club’s pre-match fan hub, City Square, from 5:30-7:30pm.
Our proud match day partner, MatchWorks, will be supporting the International Day of People with a Disability by handing out branded fixture cards, pens and magnetic lapel pins to help break down disability barriers and celebrate abilities.
Make your way down to Goschs Paddock where you can get your photo taken with our Westfield FFA Cup trophy , while Hyundai A-League star Neil Kilkenny will be stopping by from 7pm to sign autographs and pose for photos.
Kids can replicate their A-League and W-League heroes at our community run football clinics and interact with their favourite City mascots, while there will be plenty of food, activities and free giveaways to keep you occupied before the big game.
Keep an eye out for our ‘Awful Referees’, who will be patrolling Swan St before the match while making some very dubious decisions!
Enjoy a relaxing and family-friendly atmosphere in the lead up to an exciting match of football.
City Square commences two hours before every home match.
Where: Gosch’s Paddock (East side of AAMI PARK)
When: 5:30pm - 7.30pm, Friday 21 October
- Meet Hyundai A-League star Neil Kilkenny and get your photo taken with the Westfield FFA Cup Trophy!
- Visit the MatchWorks marquee to support the International Day of People with a Disability.
- Free Face Painting
- Triple M Rock Patrol giveaways.
- Food & Ice-cream, more giveaways, free face-painting merchandise, inflatables and small-sided games.
- Goals for Grassroots Presentation and Bully Zero Marquee.
- Pick up your FREE copy of City Insider, the official Match Day Brochure of Melbourne City.
- Awful Referees (Swan St)
- Jam with the City Drumline along the East and West staircases at AAMI Park.
Cityzens Giving Voting
$650,000. Six causes. You decide.
Don’t forget to cast your vote for our very own ‘I Speak Football’ project by visiting our Cityzens Giving voting box inside Gate 2 at AAMI Park.
MatchWorks Dizzy Penalties
Proud Partner MatchWorks is providing three lucky City fans with the chance to compete in a Dizzy Penalties contest at half-time during Saturday's match against Brisbane Roar.
The best Dizzy Penalty will walk away with a 2016/17 Melbourne City Jersey and Merchandise pack.
Getting to the ground
Public transport is the quickest and easiest way to get to AAMI Park.
- The nearest train station is Richmond Station, which is just a short stroll along Swan Street and Olympic Boulevard to AAMI Park.
- Tram Route 70 (Wattle Park – Waterfront City Docklands) can drop you off across the road from AAMI Park (Stop 7D).
- Bus Route 605 stops out the front of AAMI Park on Swan Street. Route 246 stops at the corner of Punt Road and Swan Street
For more train, tram and bus information, visit the PTV website or call 1800 800 007.
Public car parking is available in Eastern Plaza (entrance D) for a pre-paid price of $20, or $30 if you decide to pay on the day.
Alternate parking spaces will be available at the MCG inside Yarra Park, at a cost of $10 per vehicle. Parking spaces will be open at Gate 3 from 9am on Match Day.
Melbourne City merchandise will be available on match day, including the Nike 2016/17 Home and Away shirts, official polo, tracksuit jacket and hoodie!
Merchandise will be available outside AAMI Park at the van at City Square, our new match day store on the Olympic Boulevard concourse next to Edwin’s cafe, and inside the stadium next to aisles 3 and 23.
Join the City Family
After our historic Westfield FFA Cup Final win, there has never been a better time to join the City Family.
Join or renew as a Melbourne City FC member today, or sign up to our Five Match Membership and secure your seat to five of the next seven home matches of your choice.
Hyundai A-League - Round 9
Saturday 3 December 2016
Melbourne City FC vs Brisbane Roar
Venue: AAMI Park Melbourne
Gates open: 6:50pm