It is going to be an evening packed with activities, giveaways and festivities on Saturday when Melbourne City take on the Newcastle Jets at AAMI Park. Find out everything you need to know about match day right here.
With entertaining pre-match events, prize giveaways and plenty of exciting activities happening at City Square, there’s plenty happening around the AAMI Park concourse to keep you occupied before kick-off.
We look forward to welcoming you at AAMI Park!
Kids Go Free at AAMI Park!
Looking for something to do on Saturday night? Bring the family along to an exciting night of football as our A-League boys begin their run to the Finals Series with an important clash against the Jets.
For every adult membership or purchased adult ticket, you can claim two FREE Junior General Admission tickets. It’s as easy as that!
Free Cultural Diversity Festival at City Square
Countdown to kick-off with family and friends and celebrate Cultural Diversity at our dedicated pre-match fan zone, City Square, from 5:30pm-7:30pm.
In addition to our annual Indigenous Recognition Match at AAMI Park, we will be hosting a free Cultural Diversity Week festival for everyone to enjoy.
The festival will feature Croatian dancers from Hrvastska Zora, musicians from the Islamic Council of Victoria, representatives from the Oromo Youth Association, the Bhutanese community and a special performance from Ron Murray.
Don’t forget to pick up your free copy of City Insider, our official Match Day Brochure, where we celebrate Female Football Round with a feature on Melbourne City Women’s star Amy Jackson.
Kids can show their skills at our community run football clinics and hang out with their favourite City Mascots, while there will be plenty of food, City inflatables and giveaways to keep you and the family busy before kick-off against the Jets.
Where: Gosch’s Paddock (East side of AAMI PARK)
When: 5:30pm - 7.30pm, Saturday 18 March
- Celebrate Cultural Diversity with our free festival at City Square!
- Triple M Rock Patrol giveaways.
- Food & Ice-cream, more giveaways, free face-painting and City inflatables.
- Pick up your FREE copy of City Insider, the official Match Day Brochure of Melbourne City.\
Getting to AAMI Park
Public Transport is the quickest and easiest way to get to AAMI Park.
- The nearest train station is Richmond Station, which is just a short stroll along Swan Street and Olympic Boulevard to AAMI Park.
- Tram Route 70 (Wattle Park – Waterfront City Docklands) can drop you off across the road from AAMI Park (Stop 7D). Extra trams will be operating as Route 70a between Flinders Street Station and Stop 7D – AAMI Park.
- Bus Route 605 stops out the front of AAMI Park on Swan Street. Route 246 stops at the corner of Punt Road and Swan Street.
Due to works as part of the Hurstbridge Rail Line Upgrade Project, buses will replace train services between Clifton Hill and Greensborough stations from 8pm on Friday 17 March until the last service on Sunday 19 March. Click here for more details.
Please check the live travel updates page for notification of any service changes that may affect your journey to and from the event.
Click here and plan your journey to AAMI Park today.
Public car parking in Eastern Plaza (entrance D) of AAMI Park is back open, at a cost of $20 if you pre-book, or $30 on the day. Click here to book your parking now.
Parking inside the MCG at Yarra Park will be closed for the day.
Indigenous Recognition Round
The Indigenous Recognition Match is a tradition the club has honoured since its inception, with AAMI Park built on the land of the Wurundjeri tribe.
On Saturday, we will be hosting a number of activities in the lead-up to kick-off to celebrate Indigenous Culture in Australia, including:
- Ron Murray, a highly-respected Victorian Indigenous educator, storyteller and musician, will conduct a didgeridoo performance, prior to kick off;
- Aunty Joy Murphy Wandin, an indigenous Australian and Senior Wurundjeri elder of the Kulan alliance, will deliver her traditional ‘Welcome to Country’ greeting to the teams and fans at AAMI Park.
- Four female students from MITS will display the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags as Newcastle and City walk out of the tunnel at AAMI Park.
Post-Match Members Signing Session
City members, this one's for you! We will be holding our Post-match signing session after our clash with the Jets at AAMI Park.
The signing session will give our members the chance to get up close and mingle with all of the 2016/17 A-League squad, as well as sign autographs and take pictures with their Melbourne City heroes.
The event will start at 10pm and conclude at 11pm with bar and food outlets open, and will be held in the northern concourse of AAMI Park. Click below for full details.
Celebrate Female Football Round with a free City Membership!
Melbourne City is celebrating Female Football Week by giving young female fans the chance to win a Three Match Membership for the 2017/18 season!
If you are a young female between the ages of 4-13, click here to register your interest in our special offer.
The first 100 registered female fans to attend our membership marquee at City Square - which is located at Gosch's Paddock - prior to our A-League match against the Newcastle Jets this Saturday will receive a Three Match membership for the 2017/18 season absolutely free!
Click below for more information on how to win!