Friday Night Football makes a return to AAMI Park when Melbourne City takes on Sydney FC in a blockbuster Round 21 clash. Find out everything you need to know about match day right here.
With entertaining pre-match events, prize giveaways and a number of exciting activities at City Square, there’s plenty happening around the AAMI Park concourse to keep you occupied before the big game.
City staff will be available for sales and enquiries outside of Edwin’s Café from 5:30pm, where you can purchase our Three Match Membership.
There’s lots to see and do on a City match day. Take a look at our match day schedule below.
We look forward to welcoming you at AAMI Park!
Get your photo taken with Tim Cahill’s wax figure at City Square!
Thanks to Madame Tussauds Sydney, City fans will have the chance to get their photo taken with the world’s only wax figure of Socceroos star Tim Cahill!
Head down to our dedicated fan zone, City Square, from 5:30pm for a rare opportunity to get your picture with the waxwork, which portrays Cahill in his iconic corner-flag celebration.
Make sure you have plenty of memory left on your cameras, because once you’re finished taking your photo with Tim’s wax figure, you can get your picture taken with our Westfield FFA Cup, Westfield W-League and Foxtel National Youth League trophies.
The friendly staff at Dreamstreet Lending will be roaming around City Square and the AAMI Park concourse, where you can enter the draw for a chance to win a brand new Nissan Juke or Melbourne City merchandise pack.
Kids can show their skills at our community run football clinics, while there will be plenty of food, City inflatables and giveaways to keep you and the family busy before kick-off against Sydney.
Where: Gosch’s Paddock (East side of AAMI PARK)
When: 5:30pm - 7.30pm, Friday, 24 February
- Get your photo taken with the world’s only Tim Cahill Wax Figure, thanks to Madame Tussaud’s Sydney.
- Take your picture with the Westfield FFA Cup, Westfield W-League and Foxtel National Youth League trophies.
- Triple M Rock Patrol giveaways.
- Enter the draw for a chance to win a brand new Nissan Juke or City merchandise pack, thanks to Dreamstreet Lending.
- Food & Ice-cream, more giveaways, free face-painting, inflatables and small-sided games.
- Pick up your FREE copy of City Insider, the official Match Day Brochure of Melbourne City.
Getting to AAMI Park
Public Transport Victoria (PTV) will be running additional train, tram and regional train services before and after Friday night’s match.
- The nearest train station is Richmond Station, which is just a short stroll along Swan Street and Olympic Boulevard to AAMI Park.
- Tram Route 70 (Wattle Park – Waterfront City Docklands) can drop you off across the road from AAMI Park (Stop 7D). Extra trams will be operating as Route 70a between Flinders Street Station and Stop 7D – AAMI Park.
- Bus Route 605 stops out the front of AAMI Park on Swan Street. Route 246 stops at the corner of Punt Road and Swan Street.
Due to lift upgrade works, there will be no lift access at Flagstaff and Parliament stations from the first service on Tuesday 3 January until the last service on Sunday, 12 March 2017. Click here for more information.
Please check the live travel updates page for notification of any service changes that may affect your journey to and from the event.
Click here and plan your journey to AAMI Park today.
Public car parking in Eastern Plaza (entrance D) of AAMI Park is back open, at a cost of $20 if you pre-book or $30 on the day. Click here to book your parking now.
Parking inside the MCG at Yarra Park will be open at Gate 3 from 5:30pm for a $10 flat rate.
The Blue Ribbon Cup
City and Sydney will be competing for sixth annual edition of the Blue Ribbon Cup, which perpetuates the memory and acknowledges the sacrifices of Victoria Police officers killed in the line of duty.
Saturday night will see the Victoria Police Band hold a Colour Party as the players walk out from the tunnel. The Colour party refers to a detachment of members assigned to protect the Police Ensign, which is a highly important symbol of the Victorian Police.
The Blue Ribbon Foundation will be selling merchandise and accepting donations to support their initiatives throughout the community.
City merchandise will be available on match day outside AAMI Park at our match day store on the Olympic Boulevard concourse, and inside the stadium next to aisles 3 and 23.
Fans can enjoy 25% off all Melbourne City hoodies. Hurry while stocks last!
Join the City Family with our new Three Match Membership
The countdown to the Finals series is on, and there’s no better way to be a part of the action at AAMI Park than with a Three Match Membership!
It’s the best way to watch our final three home matches, with Juniors from $15, Adults from $70 and Families just $140.
Hyundai A-League - Round 21
Friday, 24 February 2017
Melbourne City FC vs Sydney FC
Venue: AAMI Park, Melbourne
Gates open: 6:50pm