Friday night football is back at AAMI Park for the second week running! Don’t miss out on all the action as your Melbourne City FC takes on Wellington Phoenix in a Remembrance Round clash at 7:50pm.
With exciting pre-match activities going at City Square, there’s plenty happening around the AAMI Park concourse to keep the whole family entertained in the lead up to kick-off.
Don’t have your tickets yet? Click here to secure your seat – we look forward to welcoming you to AAMI Park for our special Remembrance Round match against the Phoenix.
An action-packed City Square!
But first, all the action begins at City Square! Head down to Gosch’s Paddock from 5:30pm – 7:30pm and countdown to kick-off in the company of your family, friends and fellow City fans.
Challenge your mates to a game of FIFA 19 on our giant LED screen, relax at our chill out zone, or head to our Stomping Ground Brewery pop-up bar to enjoy a limited-edition City Pale ale in the lead up to kick-off.
Kids can emulate their City heroes at our small sided matches and show their skills at our City inflatables, while there will be plenty of food, activities and giveaways to keep you entertained before the big match.
City Square Details
Where: Gosch’s Paddock (East side of AAMI Park)
When: 5:30pm – 7:30pm, Friday 9 November
- Support the Red Poppy Appeal and “Remember in November”
- Challenge your mates to FIFA 18 on our giant LED Screen
- Enjoy a limited-edition City Pale Ale at the Stomping Ground Brewery pop-up bar
- Look out for the JB Caravans staff at City Square, who will be selecting four lucky supporters to watch the match from a luxury caravan on the side of the pitch! Prize includes food and merchandise!
- Visit the team from Nissan on the front course to see how many goals you can score in 30 seconds at the Nissan Intelligent Mobility Lane Changer.
- Test your kicking speed at the Macca’s Golden Goal for your chance to kick for a $100 McCafe voucher at half-time.
- Stop past the Is DON. Is GOOD. marquee and show us how GOOD your goal celebration is for your chance to see yourself on the jumbo screen during half-time!
- Free-face painting, small sided matches and inflatables
* All patrons at the Stomping Ground pop-up bar must be 18+ and show a valid ID.
Remembrance Round Ceremony
To commemorate Remembrance Day, we’ll be holding a special on-pitch ceremony prior to kick-off against the Phoenix.
The ceremony will include a bugler performing The Last Post, while former Australian Army officer Peter J. Smith OAM will perform a recitation of the Ode; the fourth stanza of the poem For the Fallen by Laurence Binyon.
We ask that all members and fans join us in honouring the sacrifice made by servicemen and women during times of war by observing a minute’s silence on the night.
Getting to AAMI Park
Public Transport is the quickest and easiest way to get to AAMI Park.
- The nearest train station is Richmond Station, which is just a short stroll along Swan Street and Olympic Boulevard to AAMI Park.
- Tram Route 70 (Wattle Park – Waterfront City Docklands) can drop you off across the road from AAMI Park (Stop 7D). Extra trams will be operating as Route 70a between Flinders Street Station and Stop 7D – AAMI Park.
- Bus Route 605 stops out the front of AAMI Park on Swan Street. Route 246 stops at the corner of Punt Road and Swan Street.
Check the live travel updates page for notification of anything that may affect your journey to and from the event.
If you’re travelling to AAMI Park by train, tram or bus, visit PTV and plan your journey today.
If you prefer the comfort of driving, public car parking in Eastern Plaza (entrance D) of AAMI Park is back open, at a cost of $20 if you pre-book, or $30 on the day.
Click here to book your parking now.
Everything’s better as a member!
Right here, right now. Guarantee your seat to our remaining 12 home matches at AAMI Park in 2018/19 with a City membership.
Can’t commit to all matches yet? Our Kick-Off membership might be the package for you! Sign up today and get a reserved seat to our next three home matches, including the massive Christmas Derby.
You’ll also get one free Stomping Ground beer before each match and a 25% off merchandise voucher to spend. Not bad at all!
Click here to browse our membership packages today.
*All Kick-Off members must be 18+ to redeem their free Stomping Ground beer.