Melbourne City FC will face Sydney FC, Adelaide United and Western United to conclude the 2019/20 Hyundai A-League regular season with the revised fixture now released.
Following City’s move – alongside Melbourne Victory and Western United – to a Sydney based hub where they are currently serving a 14-day quarantine period, the Hyundai A-League and Football Federation Australia (FFA) revealed the new fixture on Wednesday.
The Hyundai A-League will kick off this Friday 17 July, with the remaining 27 games to be played in a bumper 34 days. Head Coach Erick Mombaerts’ men will only have three regular fixtures remaining as they look to secure second spot and the chance to qualify for a Semi Final.
City will continue their preparations in New South Wales as they set their sights on returning to action against ladder-leaders Sydney FC on Saturday 1 August at ANZ Stadium, kick off 5:00pm. The team will then take on Adelaide United (Tuesday 11 August) and Western United (Wednesday 19 August) to close out the regular season.
The Hyundai A-League Final Series is set to be played between Saturday 22 August and the Grand Final on Sunday 30 August.
Melbourne City FC Fixtures
- Sydney FC, Saturday 1 August, 5:00pm, Venue: ANZ Stadium (NSW)
- Adelaide United, Tuesday 11 August, 7:30pm, Venue: ANZ Stadium (NSW)
- Western United, Wednesday 19 August, 7:30pm, Venue: Netstrata Jubilee Stadium (NSW)
Hyundai A-League Finals Series
- Elimination Final 1, Saturday 22 August, Venue & Time TBC
- Elimination Final 2, Sunday 23 August, Venue & Time TBC
- Semi Final 1, Wednesday 26 August, Venue & Time TBC
- Semi Final 2, Wednesday 26 August, Venue & Time TBC
- Grand Final Sunday 30 August, Venue & Time TBC